A good motorcycle battery will measure 12.6 V. If it gets under about 12.3 it starts to sulfate. That's what kills batteries. So to prolong the life of a battery keep it on a maintainer/tender that also desulphates a battery.

On Jul 13, 2010, at 9:35 PM, Minnesota Blue wrote:

Hello all,

I think the battery on my 83 650 is giving out on me.  Like an idiot I
let it dry up this winter.  Slowly brought it back to life with
charging and distilled water and it has been doing the job.  However,
I think letting it dry up is finally cathing up.  I was just wondering
what the average life span for a battery is on these bikes?  I am sure
many people have very diffrent experiences, but I imagine there is a
certain amount of consistency.  I bought this current battery in the
fall of 2008.  I purchased it from the Honda dealer (Yusa? Can never
remember the proper name).  With the weak charging system on these
motorcycles I am curious if it wears out a battery faster than most
bikes.

Thanks!

MN Blue

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk 
Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to