Amen.

The mechanical work I just take to a local garage.  They can deal with the 
truck stuff.  The rest is like any trailer.  Some patience and a willingness to 
work through problems.  What most people don't understand is that motorhome 
camping is not about "roughing it" or "vacationing on a budget."  Rather it's 
about spending time with the family and enjoying the time traveling as well as 
the time at the destination.

What I find ironic is that I love RV'ing for the togetherness, and I love 
motorcycling for the exactly the opposite.  For me, biking is like a man-cave.  
All I have are my own thoughts, some simple rules of the road, and the beauty 
around me.  When I take off my helmet I return to the "real" world.

--- On Tue, 7/27/10, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Paul <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: How'd You Learn About Nighthawk
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 11:03 PM

Yeah, motorhomes are cool, but you need to be a mechanic and handyman to own 
one. I am neither. :)


Paul

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Rusty <[email protected]> wrote:


Nice rig, Paul.



Of course with a Class C, I'm one of those "backwards campers."  I

flat-tow behind it a 2009 Ford Focus equipped with a Demco base plate

and Commander adjustable tow bar.  That way I can get into town

without breaking camp, antique shop, sight-see, etc.  I can make more

miles because I don't have to stop constantly for the wife and kid to

use the restroom.  More importantly, I can send the wife into the

galley to make me a hot sammich while cruising at 65mph on the

interstates.



On Jul 25, 5:54 pm, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

> *Cool! RVing and camping are another of my 
> passions:http://picasaweb.google.com/Paul.LeBout/2006KZJAG25#*

> *

> *

> *Paul

> *

>

>

>

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Rusty <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Yep.  It's a 2008 Winnebago Access 31c built on an Econoline chassis.

> > I was packing for a trip and it was raining, so I parked the bike

> > under the awning for some coverage until I was ready to leave.  My 2.5

> > year old son absolutely loves camping.  He calls the campgrounds "RV

> > TOWN!" and goes nuts looking at the other rigs, riding his tricycle

> > (which he calls a motorcycle), and playing with the other kids.

>

> > On Jul 25, 12:47 am, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > *Nice bike Rusty! Is that also your RV?*

> > > *

> > > *

> > > *Paul

> > > *

> > > On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Rusty Fairmount

> > > <[email protected]>wrote:

>

> > > > Thanks for sharing your stories.  I loved reading each and every one.

> > > >  Here's a photo of my girl, "sick4cycle."

>

> > > > She named herself on a recent road trip from Detroit to Nashville.  A

> > > > friend commented on how cool my vanity plate was.  I mentioned that I

> > don't

> > > > have a vanity plate.  We each looked at eachother like the other was an

> > > > idiot.  Turns ou 51CK4 looks like SICK 4, and the word CYCLE is printed

> > > > beneath.  How cool is that????

>

> > > > I guess some things are just meant to be.

>

> > > > Cheers,

>

> > > > Rusty

>

> > > > *

>

> > > *

> > > *

> > > *

>

> > --

> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.

> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to

> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>



> > .

> > For more options, visit this group at

> >http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

>

> --

> *

> *

> *

> *



--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].

For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.






-- 










-- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].


For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.






      

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to