would love to see a pic of your bike Jay,  Graham

On Jul 24, 2010, at 8:34 AM, [email protected] wrote:

After moving to sunny FL, buying a bike was inevitable. My first ride here was an '82 CM450C, but it just didn't have the highway chops to join a Sunday riding club that did 300 mile jaunts on the interstate. The search was then on for a bigger bike with a standard riding position, as I refuse to make work for the chiropractors with either a sportbike or a cruiser. The choices were obviously limited and because all I ride are Hondas, the Nighthawk was one of them. I first looked at, and tried, a mid-80s NH 700S, but the seat seemed high and the one I rode had top-heavy handling. That made the next choice a 90's model.

To be honest, I didn't like the 90s bike's looks... the tank was too short and the tail too long, but I was very attracted to its CB750 heritage, reasonable cost, and low maintenance needs...especially the lack of valve adjustments. Then Craigslist led me to a black '92 with about 25K on the clock, which I scored for $2,000. Five years, and more than 70K miles later, we're still together. And although the chrome cruiser crowd in my club is forever asking when I'm getting a new bike, I plan to ride this one until either me or it can't anymore. By the way, I added a fairing and side bags and luggage rack which nicely change the proportions. And now I think it's the prettiest bike on the road.

Jay S
92 NH750
South Florida






--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk 
Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to