Well, always ride the speed you're comfortable with. If the people
you're riding with notice you're not around anymore they'll pull over
and wait or even double back for ya. This is assuming they're
considerate ;)

On Sunday, November 21, 2010, Elk <[email protected]> wrote:
> I took an awesome 37 mile ride this morning with a friend of my dad's
> to practice my riding. (always need practice...) Anyways, it was on
> some winding up and down kind of roads through a foresty/mountainy
> area and I was following him, but I didn't know the area. The winding-
> nes of the roads meant I sometimes lost sight of him and there were
> plenty of small off shoot roads to go on, so I didn't want to loose
> him, but I didn't really feel like speeding up because of possibility
> of sharp turns (there were plenty). I keep maybe a 3 to 4 second
> following distance. I didn't loose him and the ride was awesome, and
> the day was beautiful this morning, but if this should happen again
> like in a group ride or something, was this appropriate? At some
> points I felt like it was too far.
>
> On a side note, on some of the steeper and longer up hills, I rode
> them in fifth gear and sometimes the RPM would drop and the engine
> would go quiet. When this happened I opened the throttle a little but
> it didn't change anything. It would fix itself on the downhill. Should
> I have downshifted to fourth? Is this normal? I ride a 2001 250cc.
> Newbie questions :p
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 

-Kyle

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to