My wife started riding recently too. Actually, she probably started about at
the same time as you did. So far she only rides when I go with her. I ride
in the front and I am always adjusting to her speed. There is not point in
forcing her to go faster than what she wants. I do think sometimes she goes
just to slow, I am always worried when idiots in cars start getting to
close. I feel that it would be much better if she goes on front with me
following her. So she could go as fast or slow as she wants and I could
always keep her back. She doesn't like that though. She says it is easier
just to follow me and do what I do.

Perhaps next time you go for a ride with somebody else you can try taking
the lead, and see what it feels like.

Javier.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Elk <[email protected]> wrote:

> I took an awesome 37 mile ride this morning with a friend of my dad's
> to practice my riding. (always need practice...) Anyways, it was on
> some winding up and down kind of roads through a foresty/mountainy
> area and I was following him, but I didn't know the area. The winding-
> nes of the roads meant I sometimes lost sight of him and there were
> plenty of small off shoot roads to go on, so I didn't want to loose
> him, but I didn't really feel like speeding up because of possibility
> of sharp turns (there were plenty). I keep maybe a 3 to 4 second
> following distance. I didn't loose him and the ride was awesome, and
> the day was beautiful this morning, but if this should happen again
> like in a group ride or something, was this appropriate? At some
> points I felt like it was too far.
>
> On a side note, on some of the steeper and longer up hills, I rode
> them in fifth gear and sometimes the RPM would drop and the engine
> would go quiet. When this happened I opened the throttle a little but
> it didn't change anything. It would fix itself on the downhill. Should
> I have downshifted to fourth? Is this normal? I ride a 2001 250cc.
> Newbie questions :p
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to