If it's deserted enough that I'd be running the red light rather than
tripping it, I'll pull a right on red, quick u-turn, then right on green to
go all the way straight across, always making sure I clear the intersection
~80' or so before I do my u-turn. If there's a handy parking lot to turn
around in instead, I do that and then turn left leaving it.

-Kurt

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Minnesota Blue <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have had that thought on my walk over there! =)     I've learned to
> keep an eye on the pedestrian crossing signal.  Once that starts
> blinking you know it's going to change soon.  If it starts to blink
> before I make it to the button I head back to the bike as fast as
> possible!
>
>
>
> On May 7, 6:33 pm, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Minnesota Blue <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > My solution to lights that won't change for me is to put the bike in
> > > neutral, put it on the kickstand, and walk over to push the pedestrian
> > > crossing button on the pole.  It usually changes the light within 30
> > > seconds or so.
> >
> > *With my luck the dumb light would change after I got halfway to the
> > crossing button! :)*
> >
> > --
> > *
> >
> > Paul LeBoutillier  <http://www.facebook.com/paul.lebout>
> > *
> > *
> > *
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to