I think the one thing everyone can agree on in an oil thread is: No Car
Oil. None. Your bikes has a wet clutch. Car oils have friction inhibitors,
you'll run the risk of burning out the clutch.

Use an appropriate weight motorcycle rated oil of your choice. MA rating,
if I'm not mistaken. JASO MA, or something.

I personally use the Honda stuff. Not all that expensive, I know its the
proper rating, and the couples extra bucks a change isn't worth the hunt
and hassle for me.

Kurt
On Apr 14, 2012 2:31 PM, "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote:

>   Hi, I bought a 1986 Honda Nighthawk 450.    I am going to change the
> oil. Should I use Motorcycle oil, Standard car oil, or Synthetic motorcycle
> oil, or synthetic car oil,?    The bike has 15000 miles on it and it runs
> well. Thank you for your help.             Fred
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nighthawk_lovers/-/A971gRJPD5kJ.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to