I'm from LA, and it took a couple of months to find a good used bike here, 
but it's a big fast market - big market for expensive basket cases and fast 
market for good bikes. A California used bike in California is golden, 
especially a Nighthawk deluxe used bike. Your bike looks flawless on pipes 
and paint. 50k miles is a lot, but it really just shows you have ridden it 
regularly (2k miles/year). I got my 93 with 15K miles on it for $2100, but 
it had crap pipes, dry rot tires, and spongy rear shocks. I felt lucky to 
get a rock solid vehicle I could economically fix up nicely after filtering 
out a couple of thousand used bikes (at least.) My bike was listed for 5 
minutes when I called the PO, and he was a nice guy: SOLD (well, when I got 
my money the next week, ha ha, I had to move quick when I saw it)!

What would convince someone to snap yours up would be pictures of 
compression tests on all 4 cylinders. That's one objective measure that's 
hard to argue with. In LA, they would not put any mileage and make you call 
them (I just skipped those ads). Your market is really better than LA's. 
I'd put $2k for a fast sell and either give a couple of items to get them 
started (old helmet, cover, old jacket,...that's what I got with mine) or 
no items and up to a couple of hundred off. Your market is better so take 
that in account too.

Oh yeah, you'll be sorry you sold it, lol! Either way, good luck (and you 
will never get anything as economical or fun for the price in CA esp.) You 
would spend more on a new moped with tag, tax, and title out the door  :-) 
 And then look at the cheap wholesale parts market for Honda Nighthawk :-(



On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:02:48 AM UTC-7, Blacketier wrote:
>
>
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iHiwIWJan2M/U86KJQhUvtI/AAAAAAAAACg/n4gMiLvqqQM/s1600/IMG_3587.JPG>
>  
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-bguFLCEbb48/U86IdNR1R-I/AAAAAAAAACM/_5jGUaKEZIA/s1600/IMG_3598a+copy.jpg>
> hi guys, i unfortunately have to get ride of my 1992 Honda nighthawk 
> cb750. i have no clue how much to sell it for but i feel it is in great 
> conditions. Kelley blue book says great is 1690.00 but i just don't know 
> how accurate KBB is with motorcycles. Any help with pricing is appreciated 
> or if any one want to make me an offer I'm in Sacrament CA. 
> contact [email protected]
>
>
>
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-34x8oBDYGU8/U86KxNeV0sI/AAAAAAAAACo/xK8euLLT2k4/s1600/nighthawk+collage.jpg>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to