This might be a dumb suggestion at this point my but have you tried soaking
it with PB blaster? I had only once had to deal with a seized stud, and
applying PB blaster several times and leaving it over night really did the
trick. In my opinion soldering something to grab it sounds like a good
option. Drilling into the screw always make me nervous.

J.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Alexander Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> I figured it'd be possible. I'm having a helluva time with this stud.
> There's maybe 3/4 " of the stud protruding from the head. It's a fairly
> tight squeeze to the stud. Maybe a 3/4" diameter circle around the area I
> have to work with. Could probably drop the exhaust to get a tiny bit more
> room off to one side.
>
>
> Anyone tried one of those extractors that bites into the remaining stud
> and you use a ratchet to turn it out? Would I be be better off using the
> other type where you drill into the screw? I got a co worker of mine with a
> torch we could maybe weld a nut onto the stud or heat up the head and try
> it that way. Vice grips just slip off. Could be my cheap O ones I guess.
> And suggestions?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to