Funny I got a 82 Nighthawk because that was the year I graduated from High
School.....

Try eBay for the engine.  Search for nighthawk 650 motor you'll find 5 or 6
82 & 83 650 engines in the first set of results.  It 83 works you have a
couple of choices.  Go to the eBay store PinWall cycles (
http://stores.ebay.com/PinWall-Cycle-Parts-Inc).  They have a 82 and 83 650
frame listed  I reach out to them whenever I need parts for my 96 750
- they buy insurance bikes and sell the parts on eBay and can't list all
400,000+ parts that they have.  I called them when I needed a rear brake
peddle, they had one and it was about 1/2 the price of any of the other
sellers.

I know there used to be a motorcycle junkyard in North West Portland.
Sorry I can't remember the name.  They specialized in older bike.  I don't
know if they are still in business.

Good luck - Sean