> Stating that the same group of people dislike style insensitivity, GC, etc is
> a bold claim.

That’s not what I meant. I suppose I should have been more precise :-).

What I mean is that some people will find any reason to reject a language they
don’t like. And why do they not like this language? Simply, because it isn’t
their favorite language and all that’s different is bad. Programming languages
have always been a very controversial topic.

For me there is a big difference between people who don’t like the case
insensitivity in Nim, but use the language, and those who pretend that they
will use Nim if it was case sensitive. Nim has a lot of attracting features and
I don’t believe that case insensitivity could prevent to use it. There are so
much more important things.

In fact, anything which is somewhat new has always been criticized. A new
feature is a differentiation factor and, so, it must be fought. Python has, for
a long time, criticized for its syntax, which truly is a differentiation
factor. Guido van Rossum has not changed anything and he was right. Now,
languages with a syntactically significant indentation as Nim is, are accepted.
And, for me, this is an important feature (but, again, not one that could
prevent me to use languages with traditional syntax).