On 06/22/2014 03:45 PM, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
Now I try to read this file:

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice that you used the result as a nix string.

Switching back and forth between nix (strings) and derivations (files) is better avoided. The readFile function is only meant for what you have among the nix source expressions. One probably can do more with "recursive nix".

Personally, I would try to do all work from that substituteAll point in derivations and not through nix strings (i.e. catenate by cat command).

Vlada