On 03/17/2017 07:04 PM, Volth wrote:
> "nix-shell" would be a super option here if it could handle
> "installPhase"

For my paid work (upstream) I'm perfectly comfortable with nix-shell on
an expression that is slightly modified from the nixpkgs version.  I
solve the installing just by specifying prefix to ./install, so `make
install` does what I need.

Almost all of the modifications are boring - just for easy switching of
various options, such as compiler flag sets, gcc/clang, CI tests, etc.
Maybe I'm just lucky with the packages I worked with, and they're no big
beasts like kernel or chromium, too :-)

--Vladimir