On 03/17/2017 10:34 PM, Dmitry Kalinkin wrote:
> Also it is funny how your statement is followed by some good advice
> on how to turn nix into even better dev platform. I will only add
> that one could also use ccache to speedup builds:

I do believe the intention was for "SW distribution" etc, at least
primarily, and the suitability for development is a by-product due to
some properties, e.g. easy (non-)mixing of development and stable
versions/configs.  Marc can surely remember the earlier days of NixOS.

It's even possible to use nix-build instead of make to compile
individual files, but there it just doesn't seem to be very suitable...