> On 17 Mar 2017, at 12:48, Marc Weber <marco-owe...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Nix is 'software distribution platform', not a dev platform.
I never could understand this. Some people are also saying that nix-shell is
sometimes not being used in the "intended way". However, nix developers seem to
not be aware:
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/blob/1.11-maintenance/dev-shell

Also it is funny how your statement is followed by some good advice on how to
turn nix into even better dev platform. I will only add that one could also use
ccache to speedup builds:

my_cool_package.override { stdenv = pkgs.ccacheStdenv; }