I have to agree with Kevin, whole-heartedly.  I've seen this situation play
out over and over, specifically with trying to get someone with (applicable)
Linux experience.  Solaris experience is even more rare.
One thing that I do lover about Solaris, however, is the ZFS filesystem.
 That rocks, but it still isn't enough to convince me to move away from
Linux.

Chris