On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Howard Coles Jr. <dhcol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 14 December 2009 08:14:29 pm William Turner wrote:
>> Kinda curious...do any of the cellular cards (at&t, Verizon, that mifi
>> thingy) function under linux?
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Yes.  I can't recall the model number, but it's a PCMCIA card.
The MiFi, iirc, is simply an 802.11 access point that has a cellular
uplink.  If you have an 802.11 interface, it should be fine - no
software needed on the client machine above and beyond a standard
802.11 stack iiuc.

I did a quick look, and Verizon has one, as does Sprint.  I didn't see
one for AT&T - that's not to say there isn't one, just I didn't see it
in their device offering.