-------- Original message --------From: Wesley Duffee-Braun <wduf...@gmail.com>
Date: 8/6/17  22:30  (GMT-06:00) To: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com Subject: Re:
[nlug] website hosting suggestions please
I use dreamhost extensively, and I have been very happy all around. they offer
quite a variety of price points for everything from shared to vps to dedicated.
As Gibson said, knowing your expectations will be super helpful. Do you want to
have a joomla (or other CMS like wordpress) one-click-installed for you, with
upgrades managed and all that? Or do you want to install and manage everything
from scratch - or something in between? Also, seconding what Gibson asked -
what happened with your previous host? Knowing what they were not able to
provide that was important to your needs would help with suggestions for
picking the next one. Not saying you should trash HG on the list, just trying
to ensure you don't get caught again with host that falls short on something
requisite for your needs.
hth,wesley