Howdy!

If you choose to switch to static files, GitHub can be an excellent choice.
You can also point a custom domain at your site when using GitHub's site
publishing features.

You could also use a static site generator to go from Markdown (or other
template language) -> static files. GitHub has support for at least one
static site generator, Jekyll.

https://help.github.com/articles/user-organization-and-project-pages/

The publishing features of GitHub are free. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Brandon Bradley