I use dreamhost extensively, and I have been very happy all around. they
offer quite a variety of price points for everything from shared to vps to
dedicated.

As Gibson said, knowing your expectations will be super helpful. Do you
want to have a joomla (or other CMS like wordpress) one-click-installed for
you, with upgrades managed and all that? Or do you want to install and
manage everything from scratch - or something in between? Also, seconding
what Gibson asked - what happened with your previous host? Knowing what
they were not able to provide that was important to your needs would help
with suggestions for picking the next one. Not saying you should trash HG
on the list, just trying to ensure you don't get caught again with host
that falls short on something requisite for your needs.

hth,
wesley

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Gibson Prichard <gib...@prichard.tv> wrote:

> What are the issues with HostGator? Do you have a backup of the Joomla
> data? If so, you can move it to pretty much any Joomla-enabled host.
> What are your criteria for hosting? Are you looking for something at a
> particular price point or with a special feature set? If you can provide
> more details, perhaps someone can make a suggestion.
>
> I host through WootHosting.com for inexpensive VPS (virtual private
> server) hosting where I control the OS and everything, which is nice. There
> are thousands of companies that can handle what you need, though.
>
> Gibson Prichard
> Nashville, TN
> gib...@prichard.tv
>
> On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Michael L <helpwithmath...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I need to get my site, www.HelpWithMath.Net back up and running.  I had
>> it hosted with Hostgator.
>>
>> I heard the suggestion of having just a static page up with AWS.    Also
>> my site was designed in Joomla; can start from scratch; doesn't have to be
>> Joomla again.  Nothing real fancy needed immediately.
>>
>> Could those more knowledgeable than I please advise?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>   Michael
>>
>> --
>> --