I've had really bad luck with Western Digital, to the point where I will
not willingly buy one of their drives again.

I have had drives fail literally a few weeks after the warranty expired,
and there was no way to recover anything.

Steer clear of them if at all possible.

-Alex Smith, Server+, Network+, MCP, MTA

" 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the
first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we’re all
episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith
- Kent, Washington (metropolitan Seattle area)