What if you do not know your total amount left (with interest). I also
do principle reductions. That was the reason why I wanted to split up
both principle payments and interest payments.

By having the principle starting balance, then adding interest each
month, as well as subtracting the monthly payments, that'll show that
i'm paying the loan down. If I don't create an 'Interest' bucket, i'm
not sure how that will affect my cash flow reporting. Are the buckets
needed for reporting?

Mark