On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Dave<oneblessed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! I am wondering what everyone does for their finance charges. Do
> you put them in a bucket or not? Technically, you wouldn't have to b/c
> you are paying the charge and the payment at the same time. But I
> could see the other side too.
>
> What is the gist?

I don't track my credit cards, but I do get monthly bank charges on my
checking account, and I charge those against a "Bank Charges" bucket.
As for finance charges, they do technically affect your credit card
balance, so not all your payment goes against the principal. It would
be hard to split out the charge every month.

To keep your card balance in line, you could create that finance
charge transaction and mark the transaction "Bucket Optional".

Others may have better ideas.

Patrick