i normally don't carry a balance... (that's just giving money away..)
but when there is interest it goes into the 'interest paid' bucket...
mortgage interest has its own bucket (since its tax deductible).  any
charges the credit card bills me (annual fee etc) go in to bank
charges bucket.  i use a credit card that pays extra money on my
mortgage (in lieu of points or cash back) - so far its made 3 extra
payments for me -- so i use it for everything and pay it off right
away (as this is all normal stuff like groceries and their for in the
spending plan).

ml