Hi Zlatko, thanks for the detailed answer :)

My client is IoT and this brings some limitations...
First I am limited by what libs I can find on the hardware side, then the IoT can be switched off without proper signaling. And I need to control that and react on connection loss.

I couldn't find any option for keepalive on either side of the comunication, I am using:
IoT side: https://github.com/Links2004/arduinoWebSockets
Node.js: https://github.com/websockets/ws

We have just moved to WebSockets, I am implementing from scratch and I am gathering information because I don't want to go through a bad path

If you or anyone, has any idea, I would be glad to hear :)
Thanks (again),

Alain Mouette
=== Projetos especiais: <http://lnkd.in/dEu8cNq> ===