Hi,

I have a problem to control a few thousand websocket connections, for that I need a timer for each one...

first option) on every event I create a *setTimeout()* and delete the last one, once every 60s, 5000 timers, once every 12ms average. My QUESTION IS: will I have a big overhead for having all these timers? and will I gar a lot of GC

second option) create a single *setInterval()* for each connection that will wake me up every 30s and I just check if everyting is ok. My QUESTION IS: will I have a big overhead for having all these timers? I surely will get less garbage, right?

Any different suggestion?

Please help,

Alain, from Brazil

--