jdaugherty commented on PR #16414:
URL: https://github.com/apache/grails-core/pull/16414#issuecomment-5963060734

   Like I said, I don't dispute it's probably the right direction, but I'm 
against telling our users: sorry, it's broken with no gradual migration path.  
Also, not everyone uses a Grails app with a browser only - 
https://github.com/openjson/openjson was built by the Android team and has all 
of the same syntax.  This PR is proposing no migration window / timeline.  It's 
just a hard cut off.  For something so critical to the framework, that's a huge 
direction shift and it's not something I want to support.  If we're going to do 
a gradual migration, I'm fine with it.  Especially because people can opt into 
the change when they're ready.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to