chibenwa commented on PR #3193:
URL: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/3193#issuecomment-5779618508

   > Taking on S3 compaction and exploring large-scale S3 GC/compaction with 
Apache Spark sounds like a fantastic project, and I'd be honored to work on it 
with you and the community.
   
   I'm glad to hear that.
   Time schedule is not for now - Jan / february to have mentoring organisation 
which asf is generally part off. 
   Mid-march: opens for project.
   Let's remember this schedule and get S3 compaction working first.
   
   -----
   
   This discussion cannot stay solely on github. I propose you to introduce 
yourself on the DEV mailing list, quote your objectives, link this PR, and  
potentially say that you would eventually be interested by a GSOC proposed by 
Benoit to continue the work started on S3 compaction task but make it more 
scalable with Spark.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to