On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:33:18 -0700, Carl Worth <cwo...@cworth.org> wrote:
> I'd like to investigate this case a little bit to help answer the
> question of whether "notmuch should have done anything in this case".

Hi, Carl.  You can see this error if you try to output raw a multipart/*
or message/rfc822 part, ie:

servo:~ 0$ notmuch show --part=1 --format=raw
id:"87wrgccedd....@yoom.home.cworth.org" >/dev/null

(process:29838): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
`GMimeMultipartSigned' to `GMimePart'

(process:29838): gmime-CRITICAL **: g_mime_part_get_content_object: assertion
`GMIME_IS_PART (mime_part)' failed
servo:~ 0$

Gmime seems to be successfully casting the part into GMimePart and then
outputting the content, but it does produce the warning on stderr.

jamie.