On 11/02/2011, at 9:11 PM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure about my vote.

The criteria I used:
- works at least as well as the previous release (doesn't have to be perfect -
just no regressions)
- meets the criteria for an ASF release

> I experience lots of trouble in combination with Maven 3 and Windows 64-bit.
> I was able to "fake" 64bit away. When I then run with Maven 2.2.1 most its
> pass.
>
> Those are the failing tests.
>
> testConflictingExtensions(npanday.its.NPandayIT10276ConflictingExtensionsTest)
>  testMVCProject(npanday.its.NPandayIT11480MVCProjectTest)
>  testWpfProject(npanday.its.NPandayIT12549WpfProjectTest)
>  testWebAppInstall(npanday.its.NPandayITVBWebAppTest)
>  testNet35Project(npanday.its.NPandayITNet35Test)
>
> testClassLibWithWebRefInstall(npanday.its.NPandayITClassLibWithWebRefInstallTest)
>
> Reasons:
>
> 1) testConflictingExtensions fails resolving
> "com.adobe.flex.sdkcore:framework:swc:3.2.0.3958" - i gave up on it

Bad IT - you need the repo in that POM added to your repository manager.

> 2) testMVCProject, testWpfProject, testNet35Project fail because I have not
> VS 2008 installed. Somehow the Win7 SDK with .NET 3.5 doesn't install the
> SDK-stuff for Compact Framework. I can oversee that.

There was a resolution to this that I can't find right now... seems like a
known issue to document.

> 3) testConflictingExtensions

What's the failure?

> 4) testWebAppInstall has trouble with either framework versions or 64bit,
> getting a "This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently
> loaded runtime and cannot be loaded"
>
> 5) NPandayITClassLibWithWebRefInstallTest is not able to run wsdl command
>
> Since Maven 3 is the new default, and Windows 64bit is quite common too, I
> would rather suggest to release a 1.3.1 fix, that has good support for those.

I'm using Maven 3 day to day, though my Windows box I was testing this on is
only 32-bit & Maven 2.2.1.

Agree with yourself and Joe here - that it's best left to a future version. As
for what version it is, really just depends on what has been done by that
point. I think we can only afford to support one branch of development, and we
want to release small amounts frequently rather than getting into stagnation
with a big release plan. If the RDF removal happens, I'd call that 2.0,
otherwise 1.3.1 based on the currently scheduled list :)

> I'm also not sure about how things work with mono in 1.3-incubating. Have you
> tested that?

There are still some issues to overcome here, that have already been there.
I've made some improvements - it'd be good to get others interested that would
use it and can help in future releases.

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org