As far as programming goes and making NSBasic talk to Ruby on Rails via SOAP,
look at the previously cited Ruby on Rails sample, copy the page source from a
services.wsdl file and use this NSoftware page to help generate the rest of the
code, making mods as necessary from eVB to NSBasic/CE:
http://www.nsoftware.com/kb/apps/wspg/Default.aspx