I consulted a colleague on this point. Here are my questions and his replies:

"Is K=F6rner making any sense here? Or is he mixing up rules that apply to
adjectives with those that apply to nouns?
No.
Probably.

According to German grammar, the 1. casus, Nominativ, undefined
pluralis ("any"), is "Bordune". 1. casus Nominativ defined pluralis
("these") is "Die Bordunen".
Nonsense. The only way a masculine noun like Bordun could get an -en plural
(except in the dative) is if it is a 'weak' noun like Mensch.

-----

I can get this corroborated by native German speakers if you insist.