If anyone would like to learn some tunes linked to North Northumberland,
Andy and I are running four workshops and linked concerts over the summer
months in various venues along the Northumberland coast. Learn the tunes in
the workshop and join in playing them in the evening concert if you feel
brave enough! We'll be including some tunes from old fiddle sources (William
Dobson of Thirston; William Darling of Bamburgh and the Farnes; John
Readshaw of Alston). The workshops are for concert pitch (or as near as you
can get!) instruments so G pipes are welcome. Contact us offlist at
i...@pipesandfiddle.co.uk for details.

We'll be learning by ear, but will also have the 'dots' to take away - how's
that for a compromise?

Margaret