Great questions Steve but not sure I can answer them in anything short
enough for people to read (but I'll try).

First and foremost, I would need Thick Mick to demonstrate on a regular
and consistent basis that he actually has some tactical ability to
influence and/or change a game.  His stubbornness in selecting players
who are out of form/out of position simply because he likes them doesn't
cut it with me, especially when there are more talented options sitting
on the bench.

This season has been a bit of an anomaly but looking back over the past
few seasons I would be happy if we were competing with the likes of
Villa, Everton and Fulham.  Meaning that we are capable of winning most
of our home games and then springing the occasional surprise away from
home.  If we were competing at this level we would be in a position to
attract decent overseas players as well as some of the top younger
talent on loan as they would be confident of staying in the division and
play with a higher quality of players.

Regarding style of play, I'd like McCarthy to actually use the midfield
on a regular basis rather than have them stand in the middle of the park
watching the ball sail over their heads.  We normally have a decent
pitch at Molineux so we should learn to use all of I and pass the ball
on the ground and utilise 2 traditional wingers to attack.

Then I would be happy.