>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>I do not know much about the font installation process, but I did
>notice that your TeXFont banner indicates that you use a really old
>version.

Ok, I've worked around this (still having upgrade troubles...) but there is
still a problem. I created all afm files in a local directory

system_fonts>

but TeXFont does not seem to see them:

[...]\system_fonts>C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\bin\texfont
--vendor=microsoft --collection=timesnewroman --encoding=texnansi
--pattern=times*.afm --rootlist=C:\[...]\system_fonts

TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

mktexlsr: Updating c:/TeXLive/texmf-local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.
       encoding vector : texnansi
           vendor name : microsoft
           source path : .
       font collection : timesnewroman
       texmf font root : c:/texlive/texmf-local
       pdftex map file : texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.map
      processing files : all in pattern times*.afm
    locating afm files : using otf files
    processing aborted : no afm files found

Why are "no afm files found"? And why does my new C:\ConTeXt tree recognize

texmf font root : c:/texlive/texmf-local

when I have not configured it to recognize my TeXLive tree (since I do not
know how->)

Best
Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid