this differes per year; i keep changing these names and always lag
    behind one tex live version

TL has always distributed both pzdr.tfm and uzdr.tfm.  I don't have an
easy way to check the situation in teTeX.

    because i find out afterwards

Well, that's what testing is for, it's not like anyone was keeping it a
secret.  There was 4+ months of time for it last year.  Anyway ...

    one of the previous tex lives someone moved the urw's to some 35vf
    folder, after that things went bad (got lost and such); i discussed
    this with Staszek and he reverted it;

Starting in TL 2003, uzdr.tfm was indeed put under urw35vf instead of
just urw.  I do not know/remember why, or who did it (though we could
check the logs), or what "got lost" as a result.  It is also still the
case in the current sources, so I also don't know what you mean by
Staszek "reverted it".  Staszek, what did you do?

Meanwhile, the afm and pfb are under just urw/.  It seems odd, though I
can imagine how it could happen.

    this kind of things has to do with the everlasting some urw fonts
    can be exchanged with some built in ps fonts as claimed by walter
    cum suis (which is not true, ask nelson -)

Clearly the URW fonts are not 100% identical to the Adobe fonts, but in
practice we have to accept the URW Type 1's under the p* names, because
the p* names are what most documents have historically used.  We can't
suddenly make those documents unusable, that would be disastrous.

For that matter, the Adobe fonts themselves have changed over the
years.  Nothing is perfect.

    i have no problem if this introduces a mess for latex users

Well, I do!

    but context (users) expect the whole set of urw (afm & pfb) to be
    present because they generate other encodings and such;

uzdr.afm and uzdr.pfb are both in the current TL sources, and always
have been.  I know of no reason or suggestion to delete them.

    i think that we need to get rid of the urw mappings in the aliases file

I agree.  I have now deleted the aliases file altogether from the TL
sources.  We'll see how that flies.  I don't know if that will change
anything wrt gwTeX, though.