On May 13, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

(Just thinking alound: aren't there plenty of books around that also
mix lots of greek and latin, possibly using different fonts for them?
How do they deal with the problem, or is the problem just
neglectable?)

Dunno, AFAIR Thomas use switch to a different font in his greek module,
in mkiv this is trivia with font fallbacks.

Wolfgang

Just FYI: yes, I do use switchtobodyfont in my Greek module, but I have more or less given up on XeTeX, so I've never encountered the problem. The font fallback is great for filling in some glyphs, but I haven't yet used it for entire Greek passages; haven't yet seen the advantage over switching the bodyfont.

All best

Thomas