Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
Hi Hans, all,

the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All
errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example
yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
....text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1
to 'next' (table expected, got nil)

Any pointers?

i'll add a safeguard

once you get it working you may also try:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --spec gentium

ok, gentium is a bad example but some fonts report weight, style and width info (given that we have a sane font)

you can in context now use

\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold-italic]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-italic]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold-italic-condensed]

etc. kind of experimental, as everything mkiv (and not to be confused with the simple fonts alternative)