Hi Thomas,

Sometimes ago I asked a related question about TeX, iPhone and electronic
books, as far as reading mathematical and technical papers are concerned. But
now that the iPad is out your question makes even more sense. I don't have yet
an iPad but found the following after reading your message: Ramón
Figueroa-Centeno announces here
http://macosx-tex.576846.n2.nabble.com/LaTeX-on-the-iPad-using-TeXShop-Engines-td5075337.html

that he has written a few scripts, named LaTeXMe, to remotely typeset a TeX
file and download the resulting PDF to his iPad. I think that it won't be
difficult to modify the scripts in order to use ConTeXt and LuaTeX (somehow
creating a ConTeXtMe script…). You can find Ramón Figueroa-Centeno's files here:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/LaTeXMe.zip

I must say that I have not tested the scripts but there is a PDF file
explaining the principles behind.

In any case I think that at some point Apple needs to port some sort of Mac OS
X on the iPad for the academia to be able to use the iPad as a computer for an
everyday workflow.

Best regards: OK

On 19 juil. 2010, at 19:51, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is slightly OT, but maybe someone here has a helpful suggestion: since
> the announcement of Apple's iPad, tablets have become the rage. I am somewhat
> underwhelmed by this type of computer, but I see one area where it might be
> interesting to have one of those babies, and that's presentations. What I'm
> dreaming about: a tablet that would be able to show my manuscript (of course,
> a pdf produced with ConTeXt) on it's own screen and drive a presentation
> (again, pdf) on an external screen/digital projector. That way, I would need
> only one technical device, no paper etc. for my presentations. I even called
> Apple, but they said there is no app yet for doing this on an iPad. Do any of
> you have any insights: is there anything on the market yet that would make
> this possible? Is it at all feasible? Does it sound like a reasonable idea?
>
> All best
>
> Thomas

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian