I tried to generate an epub document using ConTeXt following the recipe on the wiki. Didn't work. So, I tried running the export-example.tex file that comes with the distribution, unmodified. Same bad results.

    Cover is not generated
TOC is not generated (though it is noted this might be the state of the export)
    Sectioning doesn't happen.
    Paragraphing doesn't happen.
    The resultant epub file cannot even be opened with FBReader.

Importing the epub into Sigil shows one big blob of text, with only the between word spacing that's present in the source file. The \quotation{} markup did get turned into quotation marks, chapter numbers were generated and the rest of the markup was stripped out.

Same behavior with both the TeXLive 2012 version of ConTeXt and a quite recent beta.

Up-to-date Ubuntu 12.04

Linux Escherton 3.2.0-32-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:32:50 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

What am I doing wrong?

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA