On 11/18/2012 07:53 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

1. Run mtxrun --generate as normal user followed by context --make; otherwise:

2. Something is messed up in $HOME/texmf or $HOME/.texlive2012. Rename these directories to something different and try again.

GOT IT WORKING!.

I had TexLive installed in /usr/local and apparently installation of something else changed a permission somewhere. Since this is my laptop and nobody but me uses it, I removed TexLive from /usr/local and reinstalled in $HOME/local with the symlinks going to $HOME/bin which is in my $PATH. Everything works just fine now.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and counsel. I really appreciate it.

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA