On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Marco Patzer wrote:

On 2013–08–01 Jannik Voges wrote:

I found a bug in the current ConTeXt Beta with externalfigure. The following
minimal example will show you what happens

\starttext

\externalfigure[cow]

\externalfigure[cow][width=10cm]

\page

\externalfigure[test]

This reads in the file

 texmf-modules/doc/fonts/urw/garamond/test.tex

which is not desired. But I assume you have a “test” graphic in your
current directory which is used instead, so this is unrelated to
your problem.

I think that the advice of omitting the file extension given in most LaTeX introductions is more trouble than it is worth in ConTeXt. Omitting file extensions is important if you are generating both dvi and pdf outputs. In ConTeXt, one never uses the DVI output, so I think that one should ALWAYS specify the file extension. That removes a lot of headaches with the wrong file being sourced.

Aditya