On 2013-11-27 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/27/2013 12:40 AM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> >> there are several ways to apply patches runtime, see *.lfg files
> >> (and also fonts-mkiv.pdf)
> >
> > 1) I've created a sample LFG file
> > 2) placed it into the folder where other LFG files are stored
> > 3) removed pala.tma and pala.tmc files from the cache
> > 4) triggered the generating
> >
> > My pala.lfg file seems to be ignored:
> >
> > return {
> >      name = "pala",
> >      comment = "Switching the small capped 'i' to a dotless variant
> >                 in Palatino Linotype.",
> >          remapping = {
> >          tounicode = true,
> >          unicodes = {
> >              ["i.sc"] = 983201,
> >          },
> >      },
> > }
>
> you have to load them ... see fonts-mkiv.pdf

Thanks, I got it. Two next steps are required and one turned out as
redundant.

1) Create a sample LFG file
2) Place it into the folder where other LFG files are stored
3) NEW! Execute 'mtxrun --generate' command to include newly added LFG file
into a file database
4) NEW! Specify a new font feature referencing to this goodie:
\definefontfeature[dotlessi][mode=base,goodies=pala,unicoding=yes]
\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Palatino
Linotype][features={default,quality,dotlessi}]
5) Trigger the generating

It does something, but not what I need :-)

My MWE:
\definefontfeature[dotlessi][mode=base,goodies=pala,unicoding=yes]
\definefontfamily[palatino][rm][Palatino
Linotype][features={default,quality,dotlessi}]
\setupbodyfont[palatino]
\starttext
Athenians \sc{Athenians}
\stoptext

This LFG core settings:
unicodes = {
   ["a.sc"] = 97,     (1)
   ["b.sc"] = 983261, (2)
},

(1) replaces all small 'a' into small caps variants - just for testing
purposes
(2) doesn't replace small caps 'i' to small caps 'b', but when small caps
text is selected, b is copied into the clipboard - so some replacement is
performed, but incomplete.

Maybe other tables need to be tweaked as well...
Has anybody any experience with this?

Thanks, Jan