On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:38:58PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 11:26 schrieb Rudolf Bahr <qu...@quasi.de>:
>

> > In the following minimal example I'd like to get quotation
> > marks around the "Nein!", but I don't:

> > \starttext
> >
> > \language[de]
> > \pdfmapline{yfrak <yfrak.pfb}
> > \definefont[YfrakFont][yfrak at 11pt]
> >
> > \YfrakFont
> > Zu meinem Vorschlag sagte das: M*adchen: \quotation{Nein!}
> >
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Please, what is wrong?
>
> The font is wrong, I compared the afm and pub files of the font and the
> information
> about the position of the quotation marks in the afm file and pub file don’t
> match.
>
> I suggest to use a font in TrueType or OpenType [1] format which works with
> less problems.
>
> [1] http://unifraktur.sourceforge.net

Hello Wolfgang,

thank you for your hints!
I looked up "unifraktur" and many, many others and could learn what you meant
with
"less problems".
Nearly all of the hundreds of fraktur-fonts in the world have problems, as
reported by the
program "fontforge". But even worse, mostly there is a lack of umlauts, 2 of 3
needed
different "s" and a lack of ligatures. And only very, very few of them have in
addition to
the normal umlauts written with double points umlauts with a small "e" above
instead.

So, I returned to yfrak.pfb and ysmfrak.pfb and built my own "\glqq" and
"\grqq", out
of apostrophs, doubling, mirroring and lowering them.
Sometimes there is a need to do so, but generally, of course, I prefere to use
\quotation{...}!

Greetings, Rudolf