Hello Everyone,

I try to fill the entire page with two images with their captions. The final
page should be floating, keeping both images together and not containing any
other text.

I found this solution. It work fine for short captions / wide images.

\starttext
test
\startplacefigure[location=page, number=no, title={}]

%\setupcombinations[align={hz, hanging}]
%\setuptolerance[strict]

{\startcombination[1*2]
   {\externalfigure[cow]} {\input{ward}}
   {\externalfigure[cow]} {\input{ward}}
\stopcombination}

\stopplacefigure
\stoptext

If captions are long and the image narrow, they are typeset on multiple
lines. Default centering produces the ragged column - both not very nice and
difficult to read. When the alignment is set to hanging, it looks better
except the last line which is not centered.

Is there any settings for centering the last line?

Can the 'column' width be somehow extended to e.g. 80% of text width? If not
via the 'combination', are there any better alternatives for my use case?

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks, Jan