Am 08.02.2014 um 00:07 schrieb Jan Tosovsky <j.tosov...@email.cz>:

> This is the improved example. The only remaining issue is an one empty line
> between the image and the label when \startnarrower command is used.
>
> Please compare two pages w/o this option set:
>

> %\definefontfamily[palatino][rm][Palatino Linotype][features={default,
> quality}]
> %\setupbodyfont[palatino]
> \setupnarrower[middle=-2.8cm]
>
> \starttext
> test
> \startplacefigure[location=page, number=no, title={}]
> \setupcombinations[align={last, hz, hanging}]
> {\startcombination[1*2]
>    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\startnarrower {\itx \input{tufte}}
> \stopnarrower}
>    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\startnarrower {\itx \input{lorem}}
> \stopnarrower}
> \stopcombination}
> \stopplacefigure
>
> \startplacefigure[location=page, number=no, title={}]
> \setupcombinations[align={last, hz, hanging}]
> {\startcombination[1*2]
>    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\itx \input{ward}}
>    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\itx \input{ward}}
> \stopcombination}
> \stopplacefigure
>
> \stoptext
>
> I haven't find any better way to extend the caption width than that negative
> value for narrowed text. It works, but that empty space above looks weird

You have to force a certain width for your images because the width
of the text space depends on the width of the images. You can use
\framed (instead of loffset/roffset you can also set a fixed width) or
\simplealignedbox to set the width of the images.

\setupexternalfigures[location=default]

\defineframed[CombinationBox][frame=off,offset=none,loffset=3cm,roffset=3cm]

\starttext

\startplacefigure[location={force,none}]
  \startcombination[nx=1,ny=2,align={last,hz,hanging},style=\itx]
    % first image
    \startcontent
          %\simplealignedbox{11cm}{middle}{\externalfigure[cow][width=5cm]}
          \CombinationBox{\externalfigure[cow][width=5cm]}
        \stopcontent
        \startcaption
          \input{ward}
        \stopcaption
        % second image
    \startcontent
          %\simplealignedbox{11cm}{middle}{\externalfigure[cow][width=5cm]}
          \CombinationBox{\externalfigure[cow][width=5cm]}
        \stopcontent
        \startcaption
          \input{ward}
        \stopcaption