Dear Pablo,

Thank you for your insightful remarks. I tried your suggestions. As you
predicted, the Knuth tex is processed when put here, without using the buffer
mechanism.

\startsetups[letter:section:content]
\input knuth \relax
\stopsetups

Yet any codes (\TeX\) are not.

Nevertheless, I consider this a step forward. In the same way, my letter texts,
which contain regular codes, such as \startitemize … \stopitemize and {\bf
bold} are not processed properly.

The whole thing is much more complicated than I thought. Wolfgang already
mentioned that the letter module is not specifically equipped for xml.

Would it be wise to perhaps follow the path set out by Thomas? In that case
there should be a way to shift the address.

Regards,

Robert