How can I add a simple folder (not a texmf tree) with opentype or
truetype fonts to the search path of context?

I have tried with a local texmfcnf.lua and

return {
   content = {
     variables = {
       OPENTYPEFONTS   =
".;D:/myfonts//;$TEXMF/fonts/{data,opentype}//;$OSFONTDIR",
     },
   },
 }

but while `mtxrun --expand-var` reports the new value the folder is
ignored when I run `mtxrun --script fonts --reload`.

(Side remark: I found some small problems in mtxrun while testing:
mtxrun and also the wiki give as an example

    mtxrun --script font --list somename

but correct would imho be

    mtxrun --script fonts --list somename

Also I would have expected that "mtxrun --script base --expand-var
VAR" works, but actually I needed "mtxrun --expand-var VAR".)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/