Am Mon, 9 Oct 2017 21:48:39 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 10/9/2017 4:09 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> How can I add a simple folder (not a texmf tree) with opentype or
>> truetype fonts to the search path of context?
>>
>> I have tried with a local texmfcnf.lua and
>>
>> return {
>>     content = {
>>       variables = {
>>         OPENTYPEFONTS   =
>> ".;D:/myfonts//;$TEXMF/fonts/{data,opentype}//;$OSFONTDIR",
>>       },
>>     },
>>   }
>
> context doesn't look at those variables, it looks for fonts in:
>
> (1) the tree i.e. the file database (in the order: otf, ttf, ttc, afm)
> (2) in OSFONTDIR

I don't want something "systemwide". I have too many texsystems and
don't want side-effects (actually I want context to see the texlive
fonts, to make test easier).

I can set OSFONTDIR only for context, but it would be a bit tricky.

> (3) i the fonts.conf xml file (never used that one myself)

Is there a context specific fontconfig (I'm on windows, so don't
have a system fontconfig)

> and I'll add
>
> (4) EXTRAFONTS
>
> for you to play with (although you can also add the path to OSFONTDIR
> for testing).

Thanks. That would be the easiest (and cleanest).  I will wait for
the next update.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/