On 10/9/2017 4:09 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
How can I add a simple folder (not a texmf tree) with opentype or
truetype fonts to the search path of context?

I have tried with a local texmfcnf.lua and

return {
    content = {
      variables = {
        OPENTYPEFONTS   =
".;D:/myfonts//;$TEXMF/fonts/{data,opentype}//;$OSFONTDIR",
      },
    },
  }

context doesn't look at those variables, it looks for fonts in:

(1) the tree i.e. the file database (in the order: otf, ttf, ttc, afm)
(2) in OSFONTDIR
(3) i the fonts.conf xml file (never used that one myself)

and I'll add

(4) EXTRAFONTS

for you to play with (although you can also add the path to OSFONTDIR for testing).